Unspun‘s been told that the US Embassy is looking for a Webmaster. It sounds like a cool job: “I am Webmaster for the US Embassy,” is a good opening line at parties and will make any nerd sound positively sexy, or so I’ve been told.
Interested geeks can peruse the notice below and make contact with the US Embassy. Others can amuse themselves by following the political developments in Malaysia.
U.S. EMBASSY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Jakarta,Indonesia August 28, 2008
TO: All American and FSN Employees of all Agencies
FROM: Matt Weiller – Human Resources Officer
SUBJECT: Vacancy Announcement – Information Assistant (Webmaster), FSN-9*; FP-5*
OPEN TO : All interested candidate
POSITION: Information Assistant (Webmaster), FSN-9*; FP-5*
OPENING DATE: August 28, 2008
CLOSING DATE: September 18, 2008
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY : *Not-ordinarily Resident
(Position Grade: FSN-9* or FP-5 NOR)
*Ordinarily Resident: Rp. 105,250,637, – p.a. (Full performance starting salary)
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY AND HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYMENT UNDER HOST GOVERNMENT LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta is seeking an individual for the position of Information Assistant (Webmaster) with position number C73016, in the Public Affairs Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Information Officer and the Information Systems Officer, the incumbent serves as the Webmaster for the U.S. Embassy Jakarta, American Consulate Surabaya, American Presence Post Medan and Consular Agency Bali. H/she manages the US Mission’s entire Internet presence.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office, ext. 9135/9266.
NOTE: All applicants must addresses each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
· Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science (any field) is required.
· At least two (2) years of progressively responsible work coordinating a web presence for a major organization is required.
· Level IV (fluent) in speaking/reading/writing/editing in English and fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is required.
· Must have excellent knowledge in website design and maintenance, XHTML, CSS, Scripting Languages, database design and maintenance.
· Must have excellent communication skills (writing, editing, speaking) and the ability to work with both technical and non-technical staff.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (EFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a FMA appointment are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
5. (As required): The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a level II (for FSN) security clearance.
Interested applicants for this position should submit the following or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (SF-171 or OF-612); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as an OF-612; plus following
3. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
4. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Office
Attention: Human Resources Officer
Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan 5