Always wanted to do a Uncle Sam Wants You posting and here’s my op. Some friends have asked me to put this advertisement up in the false hope that people, among them journalists and PR types, actually read this blog.
Not wishing to disabuse them there’s the announcement for a vacancy for Information Assistant in the Public Affairs Section. Unspun is unable to verify if the fringe benefits of the job, apart from having an eager audience for Anti-Ahmaddinerajad jokes, extends to duty free booze. Anyway if you are in the communications or PR business check out what the offer is yourself from the Human Resources Officer at the U.S. Embassy on Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan 5. Of you could email him/her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information assistant at the Public Affairs Section
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent indentifies, reformats and creates content for Post’s social media platforms and engages with the blogger communities.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Computer Science, English or related field.
- At least one (1) year working experience in marketing, communications, public relations in social media or related field.
- Level IV (Fluent) in speaking/reading/writing in English and Bahasa Indonesia are required.
- Must have knowledge in Marketing, Public Relations, Web design and Digital outreach.
- Must have strong writing and Web design and development skills including HTML, proficient in FBML, video file formats (FLV), video subtitling, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, etc. Must have basic knowledge of graphic applications like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
Must be able to work with team to address online outreach and related special projects.